The 2019 Stewardsip Drive is happening now! To make your pledge online, click here. Thank you!
We are needed more than ever. We are needed to support one another. We are needed as a beacon of hope and justice.
Thanks to your generosity and dedication, we’ve been able to fund the priorities outlined in last year’s stewardship campaign, and so much more!
• We’ve ensured our amazing staff members are compensated fairly for their work.
• We’ve expanded our Religious Exploration (RE) program. RE Director Julie Lewis has been able to dedicate more time to creating amazing multigenerational programming that benefits the entire congregation, even throughout the summer!
• We’ve made improvements to our meetinghouse, thanks to the hard work of the Building & Grounds Committee, including a major renovation of the downstairs that enlarged the RE classroom.
• We’ve re-energized our social justice programs and engaged with the community across a variety of important initiatives:
- We were the first faith community in the area to adopt a Sanctuary resolution, and we’ve been working as part of the Saratoga Immigration Coalition to witness for our immigrant neighbors and push back against unjust immigration policies.
- The Social Justice Committee also expanded its scope of racial justice work – including endorsing the Black Lives Matter movement – in addition to fighting for LGBTQ rights and affordable housing, advocating for medical aid in dying and limits on firearms, helping to organize events like Saratoga Peace Week, and partnering with numerous local organizations through Give Away the Plate and other programs.
Stock Transfers to UUCSS
By transferring ownership of appreciated securities to the UUCSS (as a gift or part of your pledge), you are able to claim a charitable income tax deduction for its current full market value, but you avoid the incurrence of capital gain tax that you would owe if the stock were sold.
The UUA will provide you with a letter for your records confirming your gift, including the amount and date of the gift.
On the UUA gift form you should clearly state the Gift Purpose, e.g., gift to Unitarian Unilateralist Congregation of Saratoga Springs.
Source: UUA webpage. Click here for more information.